The salt combination Gliclazide and Metformin Hydrochloride is used for the treatment of Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Sugar Level In Type 2 Diabetes Patients and other conditions.Detailed information related to Gliclazide and Metformin Hydrochloride's uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Gliclazide and Metformin Hydrochloride Uses
Gliclazide and Metformin Hydrochloride is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus
- High Blood Sugar Level In Type 2 Diabetes Patients
Gliclazide and Metformin Hydrochloride Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Gliclazide and Metformin Hydrochloride improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas.
- Helping to restore the body's proper response to the insulin it naturally produce.
Gliclazide and Metformin Hydrochloride - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur in medicines that contain Gliclazide and Metformin Hydrochloride. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Jaundice Or Liver Dysfunction
- Visual Disturbances
- Skin Problem
- Peeling Of Skin
Gliclazide and Metformin Hydrochloride - Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- If you are suffering from severe injury, infection or undergoing major surgery
- If you have had an allergic reaction
- Pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding
- Regularly monitor blood sugar level
- Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or non-alcoholic drink just before a meal
- Take this medicine with food