- Amiodarone Tablet is used for Recurrent rapid heartbeat leading to hemodynamic instability, Recurrent irregular heartbeat and other conditions. Amiodarone Tablet may also be used for -purposes not listed in this medication guide.
- Amiodarone Tablet contains Amiodarone as an active ingredient.
- Amiodarone Tablet works by antagonizing adrenoceptors and prolonging the refractory period of heart cells.
Amiodarone Tablet Uses
Amiodarone Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Recurrent rapid heartbeat leading to hemodynamic instability
- Recurrent irregular heartbeat
- Amiodarone Tablet may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Amiodarone Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Amiodarone Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Amiodarone Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Amiodarone Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Corneal degeneration
- Eye discomfort
- Blue skin discoloration
Amiodarone Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Amiodarone Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Antagonizing adrenoceptors and prolonging the refractory period of heart cells.
Amiodarone Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Amiodarone Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
Check the indication of this medication with your doctor
- Consult your doctor immediately if you develop changes in eyesight, breathing problems, or irregular/rapid heartbeat
- Corneal refractive laser surgery
- Optic Neuropathy
- This drug will linger in your body for weeks after you discontinue it; inform your doctor and pharmacist if you have taken it
- Thyroid abnormalities